Anu Srivastava is the Past President/Chair of Panorama India.
Anu is a community leader, finance professional, entrepreneur and philanthropist. As the CEO, ARRA Arts and through her many leadership roles has contributed immensely in bridging the Indo-Canada bi-lateral relations and further ensured that the Indian diaspora have the opportunity to celebrate the rich cultural diversity of India. Anu has also passionately volunteered as Chair & Committee Member in Trillium Health Partners to raise critical funds in health care field.
During her tenure as Chair of Panorama India 2014-2019, Anu has worked tirelessly to take Panorama India to new heights with remarkable success. Under her leadership, following initiatives were accomplished :
- Community engagement with 100+ community/ cultural organizations
- Instituted celebrity Parade Marshall and Headliners in India Day
- Initiated the decorated floats; 53 foot flatbed trucks (20) during India Day Parade
- Built India Day Parade audience from 1000 people in 2014 to 85,000 people in 2019
- Move from Yonge Dundas Square to Nathan Phillips Square due to growth
- Establishment of high standards by putting structure & governance
- By-laws created through committee of past chairs and incorporated in 2015
- Annual audited financial statements
- Event related standard operating procedures
- Government & stakeholder relations
Anu is the recipient of Queen Diamond Jubilee Award; Premier of Ontario Award – Leading Women Building Communities; Heritage Mississauga Chairman’s Award; Top Ten South Asian CIBC Midweek Award; Trillium Health Partners Co-Chair Award
Consul General of India – Toronto
Ms. Apoorva Srivastava is a career diplomat, having joined the Indian Foreign Service in 2001. Prior to being appointed at India’s Consul General in Toronto, she worked with the Minister of External Affairs from January 2017 to August 2019. In her 18 year diplomatic career, she has served twice in the Indian Embassy in Paris, from August 2003 to October 2006 and again from August 2012 to July 2015, and in the Indian Embassy in Kathmandu from June 2009 to August 2012. In the headquarters, she has served as Under Secretary (SAARC) and as Director (Administration). Consul General Ms. Srivastava holds a Masters in Psychology from Lucknow University. She speaks Hindi, English and French. She is married to Mr. Anshuman Gaur, a career diplomat. They have two daughters.